Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – consider joining the Sky Climber team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Visit skyclimberwind.com to learn more.
The Company: Sky Climber Renewables is a privately held renewable energy service company and is renowned for large scale service support and rapid deployment of qualified resources and equipment. We serve the world’s leading wind energy OEMs and Owner/Operators, across all areas of critical inspection, service and maintenance.
- Our employees are considered the foundation of our business and our most important asset.
- We believe in empowering people and businesses to create, build and maintain the things we need and care about.
The Position: We’re looking for Wind Composite Technicians – Level 2 Travel
- Benefit Eligible- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and company matching 401K
- Dynamic skills utilization and developmentacross multiple services
- Merit based - Employee Recognition Programs
- Demonstrate a passion for working safely and supporting the goals of the company and its customers.
- Ability to travel 100% of assignments and requires working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet customer needs
- Ability and willingness to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, ability to lift push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight, and the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and ben for prolonged periods of time.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record history (e.g. No suspensions or restrictions, No DWI, DWAI, OWI, OUI)
- High School diploma or equivalent and post high school education (i.e. wind school, trade school, college) specializing in composite applications (i.e. manufacturing, repair) or minimum one (1) year wind industry experience in composite applications
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation)
- Ability to complete detailed component inspections and report on findings
- Demonstrate use and understanding of basic level power tools and electrical testing methods (i.e. power tools, grinder, vacuum system, fluke meter)
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of basic and intermediate wind composite service applications, including matrix - epoxies and adhesives, reinforcement and core materials, inspection methods, manufacturing processes, “layup” schedules and material lists, lighting systems and repairs (i.e. LE,TE, Shell, Tip, LPS)
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence, good interpersonal and customer relation skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data
- Ability to speak, read and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Pass background check and drug screening. Safety sensitive postion. *Zero Tolerance for safety sensitive positions.*
- Ability to obtain a passport.
- Weight restriction of up to 260 pounds and can vary depending on a project assignment and must be met in order to meet the essential functions of the job. Certain projects can have a weight restriction of 240 pounds for confined spaces. The purpose of these restrictions is to ensure that all weight rated equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner and in accordance with requirements for work in confined spaces. Every project is handled in a safe manner and to the maximum allowed weight loading. Scales are on site for weighing employees for safety.
- Performs basic and intermediate level wind turbine blade inspection, repair and maintenance tasks as assigned. This includes safe operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools, electrical testing tools) and basic turbine equipment.
- Documents tasks where required and enters data into company system(s)
- Acts as a safety role model, encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are being practiced. Adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment, implements effective risk mitigation and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management
- Demonstrates and promotes integrity, strong initiative, as well as a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis. Also may assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff
- Follows procedures and work instructions to complete blade inspection and repair tasks.
- Effectively promotes strong team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly supports and promotes team spirit and cooperation, and supports change initiatives and proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels or implements improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Interfaces with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Will refer complex customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times
- Assimilate new information quickly, communicate efficiently and professionally
- Perform rescue operations, technical reports and administrative tasks with precision and efficiency
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed